E-mail List Archives
Re: IAAP Certification Update
From: Paul Bohman
Date: Sep 13, 2015 8:47AM
- Next message: Paul Bohman: "Re: IAAP Certification Update"
- Previous message: Paul Bohman: "Re: IAAP Certification Update"
- Next message in Thread: Paul Bohman: "Re: IAAP Certification Update"
- Previous message in Thread: Paul Bohman: "Re: IAAP Certification Update"
- View all messages in this Thread
With regard to your concern that the IAAP might run "the risk of just being
a self-serving promotional tool," I can say that the people with whom I'm
working believe very strongly in making a difference in the accessibility
world. The people on the certification committee are volunteers, myself
included, who care deeply about the accessibility profession. We see these
efforts as a way to increase awareness of accessibility, and to make it
easier for employers and potential employees to measure or verify
accessibility expertise (and I will again emphasize that certification is
not the only way to do that, but it can be an important way among others).
The IAAP succeeds to the extent that it furthers the cause of
accessibility. We know that, and that's what we're trying to do.
Paul Bohman, PhD
Director of Training, Deque Systems, Inc