WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Double Tags

for

Date: Sep 25, 2015 12:40PM

Joe, you might also try Word's Save As…. command. In the dialog box for that feature, look for "Save As Type" and change the value to "PDF." The dialog box will change ever so slightly. Look for a button labeled "Options." Click it and make the settings Bevi mentioned above to obtain a tagged PDF. (You don't want to save it as a PDF/A, no matter how tempting that seems.)

If your Word document is accessible, the PDF will be accessible or nearly so. The only problem I've encountered was from images floating out of place. Not always, but occasionally. Cutting their tags from where they occurred in the tag tree and then pasting them where the belong is fast and generally works well.

Once you get the hang of it, this approach is easy as pie.

Cliff Tyllick
Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services

Sent from my iPhone
Although its spellcheck often saves me, all goofs in sent messages are its fault.

> On Sep 25, 2015, at 12:56 PM, Krack, Joseph@DOR < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
>
> When I first started making PDF documents and forms I did not have an Acrobat tab in my ribbon. I was told by our IT team that the version of Adobe Pro I had installed (I believe it was X) and the version of Office (2007?) were not compatible and the Acrobat tab could not be made available. So I learned how to make PDF's by opening acrobat and clicking on Create PDF and then browsing for my document. I do now have the Acrobat tab, but just continued to make them as I had been since I started working with Pro.
>
> Bevi, once I created a PDF, and confirmed the settings as you laid out below, it seems to work fine. Even when I create a PDF in my 'old' way without using the Acrobat tab it now works - no more double tags. Very odd.
>
> I appreciate the assistance from everyone because at first the PDF's I created were ok, but they have been increasingly problematic over time.
>
> Thanks again, Joe
>
>