E-mail List Archives
Providing a Better UI
From: JP Jamous
Date: Oct 24, 2016 11:27AM
- Next message: Jonathan Avila: "Re: Providing a Better UI"
- Previous message: Bakken, Brent: "WAI Website Top Tasks Survey"
- Next message in Thread: Jonathan Avila: "Re: Providing a Better UI"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
Companies tend to shy out from running surveys, because of the ADA
restrictions on people privacy. What if some companies are doing it for the
simple sake of making their pages more accessible? How do they go about
I have faced this for a while without any robust answer. Can someone shed
any light on the following?
Why does the ADA block companies from anonymously collecting data about
assistive technology users?
What are the safe ways that a company can collect information about people
with disabilities that use assistive technologies without fearing that it
could get suit?
Personally, I favor any company that wants to learn more about how it can
improve its pages for screen readers. Why are is the ADA making it harder
and scary for those companies to provide a better UI?