WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Reg: How to fix accessibility issues with MicrosoftDynamics CRM online

for

Date: Dec 8, 2016 11:29PM

Hi Mohit,
Would try to connect you to people responsible at Microsoft's end, off the list.

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Mohith BP
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2016 1:32 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Cc: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: [WebAIM] Reg: How to fix accessibility issues with Microsoft Dynamics CRM online

Hi All,

We are implementing Microsoft Dynamics CRM online at our office. We have major accessibility challenges. I have listed the issues below.
The implementing company has expressed their inability to fix the accessibility issues stating that the changes need to be done by the Microsoft.
I have gone through the VPAT document for CRM Online 2016. Most of the challenges we are facing are supported in CRM according to the VPAT documentation.

I need help in understanding the following:
1. Can the challenges listed below be fixed by the implementing company themselves?
2. Is there any specific feature/setting to be done in the CRM for the better accessibility (especially with screen readers)?
3. Any help to make the CRM accessible.

The Critical Accessibility Issues:
1. Tables are broken.
2. Most of the dropdowns are not accessible with the keyboard and screen reader.
3. Structure of the page with headings/ regions.
4. Error handling.
5. Unnecessary additional description for each form field which hinders the efficiency.
6. Lables are not read with the tab navigation for most of the elements.
8. Constant alert dialog while working with the forms.

Any help is appreciated.

PS: Ticket raised with Microsoft technical team did not yield any result apart from pointing to the VPAT document.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohith B. P.
Best,
Sucharu