E-mail List Archives
From: Jonathan Cohn
Date: Feb 25, 2017 9:12AM
- Next message: Beranek, Nicholas: "Re: Numbered prose."
- Previous message: Jim Allan: "Re: Captioning Open Source Media"
- Next message in Thread: Beranek, Nicholas: "Re: Numbered prose."
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
I have recently encountered a design pattern at my office that I don't think we are presenting in the best way.
Essentially it is a set of paragraphs where each sentence or paragraph is numbered. The idea being that later in the page there will be questions like what is the significance of the word "happy" in phrase 19?
Does it make sense to use a DL block for this structure? I am thinking that perhaps for screen readers we could tag the DT as hidden and then use aria-describedby to reference the phrase number.