WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Numbered prose.

for

Date: Feb 25, 2017 9:43AM

I'd use an OL. It feels like an ordered list.

Sent with Good (www.good.com)
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > on behalf of Jonathan Cohn < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2017 11:12:27 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: [WebAIM] Numbered prose.

Hello,

I have recently encountered a design pattern at my office that I don't think we are presenting in the best way.

Essentially it is a set of paragraphs where each sentence or paragraph is numbered. The idea being that later in the page there will be questions like what is the significance of the word "happy" in phrase 19?

Does it make sense to use a DL block for this structure? I am thinking that perhaps for screen readers we could tag the DT as hidden and then use aria-describedby to reference the phrase number.

Thanks,

Jonathan Cohn

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of work or services for Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.