E-mail List Archives
From: Jeremy Echols
Date: Nov 3, 2017 4:09PM
- Next message: Bim Egan: "Re: Accessible pagination?"
- Previous message: Sarah Ferguson: "question about transcript links"
- Next message in Thread: Bim Egan: "Re: Accessible pagination?"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
I'm looking at this article: http://www.a11ymatters.com/pattern/pagination/
It seems like the author is suggesting extremely verbose pagination for non-sighted users. This feels like a lot of extra noise to me, but I'm not an AT user, so I really don't know. It seems like once you get into the region, you'll know that the region is for pagination navigation (as per the aria-label on the "ul" element). Is there really a need to label every one of those "Goto Page X"? I could see an argument for "Page X", but even that feels like unnecessary verbosity.