WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Error prevention

for

Date: Apr 30, 2018 5:18AM

Hi Lynn,

I am having a hard time understanding your question. Can you give us an example?

Based on what I was able to follow, you should not be combining students if each has a different types of questions. You would need a consistent logic that should work across any test. As you add students and different tests to the mix, you are complicating your life and the project.

Secondly, I am not sure how this success criteria would apply to your situation. That was why I needed more clarifications.

--------------------
JP Jamous
Senior Digital Accessibility Engineer
E-Mail Me |Join My LinkedIn Network
--------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of Isabel Holdsworth
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2018 6:13 AM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: [WebAIM] Error prevention

Hi guys,

I have a bit of an anomaly here, which I'm sure some of you will have come across in the past.

WCAG2 success criterion 3.3.4 Error Prevention (Legal, Financial,
Data) requires checking, confirmation or reversal of data in order to pass.

We are dealing with test questions that get easier or more difficult depending on each successive answer. So two students giving different answers to question 1 could be given to almost totally different tests.

If we were to offer a review screen, and the user changed their answer to a question early in the test, this would likely invalidate the rest of the test.

Would it be enough in this instance to offer decent client-side form validation, given that the tests are delivered on devices that definitely have JavaScript enabled?

Cheers, Lynn