E-mail List Archives
Re: Aria Sliders on Mobile
From: Greg Jellin
Date: Nov 22, 2019 8:39AM
- Next message: Bryan Garaventa: "Re: Aria Sliders on Mobile"
- Previous message: Detlev Fischer: "Re: Aria Sliders on Mobile"
- Next message in Thread: Bryan Garaventa: "Re: Aria Sliders on Mobile"
- Previous message in Thread: Detlev Fischer: "Re: Aria Sliders on Mobile"
- View all messages in this Thread
This component does work with both Talkback and VO by basically allowing
the user to double tap the range input min/max buttons to manipulate the
slider position. This is a great fallback for AT users on mobile.
That said, it is not a true slider (role=slider). Can we confirm that
the role=slider is still not supported by VO/Talkback?
On 11/22/2019 7:30 AM, Detlev Fischer wrote:
> Sorry, hit ENTER accidentally before finishing mail!
> This is the slider example (Patrick Lauke) you may want to look at:
> Am 22.11.2019 um 14:36 schrieb Greg Jellin:
>> Hi All,
>> I'm investigating the use of sliders (role=slider), with the
>> intention of finding a slider that also works with VoiceOver/iOS and
>> Talkback/Android. I've read some old Webaim threads that indicate the
>> slider role is not well supported by VO or Talkback. Does anyone know
>> if anything has changed or can point me to a working slider?
>> I've tested several "accessible" sliders and none function as
>> expected/desired. The following were tested:
>> >> >> >> >