E-mail List Archives
Re: Nested data tables
From: Alan Zaitchik
Date: Oct 20, 2020 2:53PM
- Next message: Patrick H. Lauke: "Re: Nested data tables"
- Previous message: Lucy GRECO: "Accessibility at another conference"
- Next message in Thread: Patrick H. Lauke: "Re: Nested data tables"
- Previous message in Thread: Sailesh Panchang: "Re: Data table"
- View all messages in this Thread
I understand that nesting a data table inside another data table is generally frowned upon, but in some cases it seems to me that nesting a table in another is exactly the best way to communicate the data relationships. I wrote a codepen which illustrates a case I am dealing with:
https://codepen.io/azaitchik/pen/QJXRQVQ. (The top row nests an inner data table.)
Voiceover, Jaws, nvda all have no problem with the nested table, and I am wondering if there are guidelines as to when the tables (outer and inner) are âsimple enoughâ that thereâs no problem with nesting.
Any guidance people can offer will be most appreciated!