WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Automated PDF test suites for multiple PDFs

for

Date: Jan 28, 2021 6:34AM

Full disclosure: I work for CommonLook. That said, this is not a "sales" reply. However, CommonLook Clarity does test PDFs in bulk. It can be cloud-based or hosted locally and does test, and report on PDF/UA (including prompting you to do the manual checks required for full standards-compliance).
It's not free but I'm not in sales so I don't have any more information on that.
You can contact me directly, if you'd like more information or just check out the website.

I hope I haven't overstepped my bounds or the rules of the listserve and I apologize if I have. Again, that was not the intent of my reply.

Respectfully,
Paul Rayius
Vice-President of Training at CommonLook
Address 1600 Wilson Blvd., Suite 1010, Arlington, VA 22209
Direct +1 202-469-4487
Phone +1 202-902-0988  Ext. 204 
Fax +1 202-434-8707 
Email  <EMAIL REMOVED>  
Website https://www.commonlook.com/

Disclaimer:
This e-mail message is confidential, may be privileged and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). Any other person is strictly prohibited from disclosing, distributing or reproducing it. If the addressee(s) cannot be reached or is unknown to you, please inform the sender by return e-mail.

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of Alan Zaitchik
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 2:06 PM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: [WebAIM] Automated PDF test suites for multiple PDFs

Every now and then I come back to the same question: Does anyone know of/have actual experience with a PDF accessibility testing tool that can check multiple documents in a single batch?

I'm looking for software (1) that can be run locally rather than at a hosted site, (2) is inexpensive or free, and (3) is capable of checking all or almost all PDF/UA requirements.

Github has various tools and attempts at tools, but there always seems to be something that makes them inappropriate or inadequate.

Of course there are excellent but expensive commercial alternatives, such as CommonLook products, but we're looking for something less costly.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Alan