E-mail List Archives
Re: ALL CAPS- Recomendation
From: Paul Rayius
Date: Jan 21, 2022 2:25PM
- Next message: L Snider: "Re: ALL CAPS- Recomendation"
- Previous message: Radhika Soni: "ALL CAPS- Recomendation"
- Next message in Thread: L Snider: "Re: ALL CAPS- Recomendation"
- Previous message in Thread: Radhika Soni: "ALL CAPS- Recomendation"
- View all messages in this Thread
Another thing to consider about text in all capital letters, beyond just "how a screen reader will handle it" is that some people who have dyslexia will have a harder time reading blocks of text that's in all caps.
I hope this helps,
Vice-President of Training
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of Radhika Soni
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2022 4:20 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: [WebAIM] ALL CAPS- Recomendation
I just wanted to know if it is ok to use ALL CAPS for some of the content while designing the website. I know, it is not a good practice to use ALL CAPS , as it can cause readability issues.
As I have seen that NVDA and VO do read all caps as words instead of letters, even when they are not *CSS* styled using *text-transform:*
But not sure if all the screen readers read capital letters as words or not?
Looking forward to hearing from you about your thoughts if any screen reader would cause any issue.