E-mail List Archives
Re: ALL CAPS- Recomendation
From: L Snider
Date: Jan 21, 2022 2:26PM
- Next message: Jeremy Echols: "Re: ALL CAPS- Recomendation"
- Previous message: Paul Rayius: "Re: ALL CAPS- Recomendation"
- Next message in Thread: Jeremy Echols: "Re: ALL CAPS- Recomendation"
- Previous message in Thread: Paul Rayius: "Re: ALL CAPS- Recomendation"
- View all messages in this Thread
I always advise clients to limit the use of ALL CAPS. It is harder to read
for everyone, but people with low vision, who don't use screen readers,
have a difficult time with it.
On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 5:20 PM Radhika Soni < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
> Happy Friday!
> I just wanted to know if it is ok to use ALL CAPS for some of the content
> while designing the website. I know, it is not a good practice to use ALL
> CAPS , as it can cause readability issues.
> As I have seen that NVDA and VO do read all caps as words instead of
> letters, even when they are not *CSS* styled using *text-transform:*
> But not sure if all the screen readers read capital letters as words or
> Looking forward to hearing from you about your thoughts if any screen
> reader would cause any issue.
> > > > >