WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: disabilities and accessibility

for

Date: Feb 9, 2022 12:08PM

I agree with Lucy...my training and teaching has always been to optimize accessibility for the broadest range of people. You never know when someone with a disability is in your audience. Trying to prioritize access to digital content for a specific group of people is never a winning scenario.

Cheers, Karen

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of Nathan Clark
Sent: Wednesday, February 9, 2022 1:57 PM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: [WebAIM] disabilities and accessibility

Dear list,

My company and I are trying to create an accessible training program for screen reader users to use our unstoppable plug in for confluence and Jira. We are in the brainstorming portion of this project. One of my developers posed this question to me and I was kind of stumped on to answer him. He asked me the following:

question: Is there a specific disability that should be focused on first or do we need to approach this as an all or nothing accessible training? Basically, should we focus on making our training accessible for a specific disability or should we try and focus on all of them?

The way I look at this and I may be wrong is that it is hard to accommodate all disabilities and all user capabilities therefore you should try and pick what disabilities that you think would more likely to use the product? Can someone please tell me what the best approach is? Thanks.

Sincerely,
Nathan Clark

--
Nathan Clark
QA Automation Analyst Tech team
Accessibility assistant
CPACC
cell: 410-446-7259
email: <EMAIL REMOVED>
101 Village Blvd
Princeton, NJ 08540
SMBE & Minority Owned Business

--

<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eventbrite.com%2Fe%2Fdiscover-the-secret-of-high-performing-software-teams-tickets-22539850299&amp;data%7C01%7C%7C0a37d355ac9e4f5a9d4208d9ebfdffb7%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637800298414667436%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=pVv4EzfH7KMjZ1BMH1byRMDRiHVh%2FhoqMdpYWPJqohQ%3D&amp;reserved=0>

--