WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: scorm

for

Date: Mar 14, 2023 12:01PM

SCORM is a standardised JavaScript wrapper that you add around e-learning modules to allow them to communicate with the host learning management system. The wrapper will report events such as whether the module has been started, completed or partially completed, and it can be a lot more sophisticated than that.

In my experience, the wrapper itself is entirely transparent to the user, so it should not introduce any accessibility issues that are not already in the e-learning module.

I did some functional testing of SCORM wrappers about 20 years ago. At the time the client was using SCORM v1.2. A validator was available that did some static tests on the XML manifest and some other things I have long forgotten. There are newer SCORM specifications, but I don't know if they got any traction because people were still using v1.2 long after the newer specifications were published.

I have seen enough of SCORM to know that I never want to work on it again, no matter how much anyone offers to pay.

Steve Green
Managing Director
Test Partners Ltd

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum < <EMAIL REMOVED> > On Behalf Of Nathan Clark
Sent: 14 March 2023 17:37
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: [WebAIM] scorm

Dear list,
Does anyone have any experience with scorm? Just rying to learn more about what is? Thanks.

Sincerely,
Nathan Clark