E-mail List Archives
Re: 10.5 Separate adjacent links
From: Christian Heilmann
Date: Mar 22, 2005 1:27PM
- Next message: Glenda: "Re: 10.5 Separate adjacent links"
- Previous message: Glenda: "Re: 10.5 Separate adjacent links"
- Next message in Thread: Glenda: "Re: 10.5 Separate adjacent links"
- Previous message in Thread: Glenda: "Re: 10.5 Separate adjacent links"
- View all messages in this Thread
>Thank you, Terence!
>That is the explanation I was actually looking for -- in case the client
>asks why the site isn't Bobby-approved [even though it complies with Web
>Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0, as far I know]. Some clients put so
>much credence into Bobby and other automated checkers, without fully
>understanding what makes a site accessible.
I normally create a page that does not make sense at all (bad
alternative text, wrong structure) and show that bobby deems it AAA
compliant. Then I point the clients to the plethora of "User Checks"
Bobby flags up and explain that accessibility testing is 10% tops
technical problems, the rest common sense and usability.
Another good example to show the user when is bobby complaining when an
onclick is not accompanied by an onkeypress that the onkeypress will
also be triggered by the tab key on mozilla. The workaround of course