E-mail List Archives
Re: Long form legends
From: Christian Heilmann
Date: May 31, 2005 8:32AM
- Next message: Mike Foskett: "RE: Long form legends"
- Previous message: Jim Thatcher: "RE: Accessible forms question"
- Next message in Thread: Mike Foskett: "RE: Long form legends"
- Previous message in Thread: Joelle Tegwen: "Long form legends"
- View all messages in this Thread
> Note the <br> tags in the legends. We need these for some browsers because
> they don't wrap the legend automatically and some of those don't accept
> styling on the legend tag. (very frustrating) But on the Mac browsers (that
> do wrap automatically), if your browser width is too small, you get odd
> wrapping because you get the <br>s and the wrapping.
> We used to have the long questions inside a <p> inside the fieldset, but
> heard that was bad for people using screen readers because they don't read
> <p>s in "forms mode"
> What do we do?
What you could do is only apply the BRs via scripting for certain
browsers. That is the road to destruction though.
How about rethinking and rewriting the form?
A legend with a yes / no radio button is the same as a checkbox with a label:
<input .... ><label ...>I need some support from someone while I am