WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

List Rules and Moderation

for

Date: Jul 29, 2005 9:07AM

Due to recent activity, the list is now in moderated mode. Messages to the list may be delayed, edited, or may not appear at all. Unfortunately, for the first time in 6 years and over 3000 messages, this seems to be necessary.

As has been brought up several times recently, this is a private forum - free speech rights do not apply here. Inflammatory language, name calling, personal attacks, and flaming will not be tolerated. If your messages are not on topic and do not say something producting, do not send them to the list. Many of you have been warned. You will not be warned again.

It is unfortunate that such action is necessary, but we've received multiple complaints, the number of people unsubscribing is sharply on the rise, and the tone as of late is very counterproductive and unfriendly to those learning Web accessibility - the group to whom this list should be primarily targeted.

If you have any questions or comments, please send them off list. As soon as things cool down, the list will begin functioning as usual. Until then, I'll approve messages as I get to them. I ask all of you to help keep this community a productive, friendly, and helpful one.

Jared Smith
WebAIM.org