WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

ASP web application validation format

for

Date: Oct 7, 2006 12:00PM

I really need to talk to someone who nows visual studio's way of handling form validation. I have a great group of folks that want to make their application accessible but don't know how.

I took asp classes but now have to access to an iis server to test. Inline validation does not work for a speech user.

I was thinking that the error page might be able to redisplay with a new title - errors on form, and error box at the top of the page with access keys to the fields with errors using an unorder list, no focus on the form so the screen reader would read the page as a new page and discover it was an error page. Is something like this possible? If yes, could you tell me how to explain it to the programmers or send me to a page to find out how. I've exhausted the msnd library and wrote them because the Accessible Web Application Design Guide only links back to requirements not the how or a can't find the document from some other other links. Endless loop over and over again.

Any help in how I can help this group get their forms validated in accessible manner would be appreciated. I searched old achrives on this topic but didn't find responses that would be useful to this group.