January 2013 Newsletter
Dr. Luján will be spending 6 months collaborating with the WebAIM team.
Former WebAIM team member and close colleague Sachin Pavithran looks forward to his new assignment on the U.S. Access Board.
WebAIM will be presenting several sessions at the upcoming CSUN International Technology and Persons with Disabilities Conference in San Diego, California, February 25-March 2.
David Ball shares his experiences navigating the web while blind folded.
Laura Kalbag discusses the accessibility difficulties associated with labels in input fields.
Roger Hudson explains the importance of creating headings in accordance with WCAG 2.0 success criteria.
A review of WCAG's successes and some recommendations for improvement.
Quick Tip: Table Captions
When a visual caption is provided that describes the content of a data table, it should be marked up as a <caption> element. The <caption> element should be the first tag within the table. This associates the caption to the data table and allows it to be identified by assistive technologies.
WebAIM E-mail Discussion List
Selected recent threads
- We are being told the Java Access Bridge does not apply to Web Based Java
- Aria modal dialogs only read out focusable items (forms & links)
- Infinite scrolling and accessibility
- 2 Questions-describe the logo or just say it's the logo? aria role for contact info?
- Testing for color contrast as a totally blind tester
- Accessibility and geographical maps