E-mail List Archives
Re: Form labeling question
From: Jukka K. Korpela
Date: Mar 21, 2008 1:00PM
- Next message: Aaron Cannon: "Re: Form labeling question"
- Previous message: Patrick H. Lauke: "Re: Form labeling question"
- Next message in Thread: Aaron Cannon: "Re: Form labeling question"
- Previous message in Thread: Patrick H. Lauke: "Re: Form labeling question"
- View all messages in this Thread
Keith Parks wrote:
> I'm trying to put together a form with some rank-order questions, and
> I'm having trouble figuring out the labels.
There's no good answer if you use radio buttons.
> What types of events would you like to see more of? (indicate your
> top three)
> 1 2 3
> • • • Comedy Nights
> • • • Dances
> • • • Films
> • • • Athletic events
> • • • Community Service
> • • • Battle of the Bands
> The bullets above represent radio buttons.
This is easy as soon as you decide to use a text input box (with
size="1") for each entry, instead of the three radio buttons. This
solves the labelling problem automagically, and it also removes the
problem that a set of radio buttons should always have a neutral option
preselected, for robustness.
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")