E-mail List Archives
From: Tim Harshbarger
Date: Sep 17, 2009 9:35AM
- Next message: Simius Puer: "Re: Standards"
- Previous message: J. B-Vincent: "Re: Standards"
- Next message in Thread: Simius Puer: "Re: Standards"
- Previous message in Thread: J. B-Vincent: "Re: Standards"
- View all messages in this Thread
"There is, if you like, a marked difference between ticking off the boxes on
an accessibility checklist, and actually complying to the 'spirit' of
I agree. Standards don't usually ensure the best results, just competent results.
However, I would use your example differently. All of the accessibility standards I know of (like WCAG 1.0, WCAG 2.0, Section 508, etc) indicate that the presence of an alt attribute on an image isn't enough to claim accessibility. The description that is part of that alt attribute needs to be consistent with the purpose or content of the image.