E-mail List Archives
Re: WCAG and various Laws
From: Simius Puer
Date: Mar 30, 2010 9:39AM
- Next message: Geof Collis: "Re: WCAG and various Laws"
- Previous message: Geof Collis: "Re: WCAG and various Laws"
- Next message in Thread: Geof Collis: "Re: WCAG and various Laws"
- Previous message in Thread: Geof Collis: "Re: WCAG and various Laws"
- View all messages in this Thread
From experience you are right on the mark with WCAG 2.0 being the 'norm'
(with WCAG 1.0 AA preceding that) for the more technically advanced
countries to hang their legislation off of.
Have you checked out http://www.w3.org/WAI/Policy/ ? This has great
background on specific country legislation and the issuing body. It doesn't
give any quick answers as to the specific technical standard (WCAG being the
predominant solution) or the level that should be attained, but it does tell
you the issuing body so it is easy enough to check (the WAI might even be
able to assist you).
It would be great to see a resource that listed exactly what you are after
but I'm not sure that would feasible (as it's never quite that straight
forward & would be difficult to ensure it was up-to-date) - the link above
is a good start though.