E-mail List Archives
Re: Acronym and Abbrev tags
From: Sam Buchanan
Date: May 21, 2002 9:43AM
- Next message: Jukka Korpela: "RE: Acronym and Abbrev tags"
- Previous message: Cohen, Lisa A.: "RE: Acronym and Abbrev tags"
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: iris: "Re: Acronym and Abbrev tags"
- View all messages in this Thread
Cohen, Lisa A. wrote:
> In the HTML specification for the acronym and abbrev elements, it says:
> "When necessary, authors should use style sheets to specify the
> pronunciation of an abbreviated form."
> Does anyone know how to do this? Also, does Jaws or any other AT
> recognize the appropriate rendering instructions in CSS?
CSS2 has aural style sheets:
In particular, you may be interested in speak:
<abbr style="speak: spell-out" title="World Wide Web">WWW</abbr>
I have no idea what support is like.
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or view list archives,