E-mail List Archives
RE: Acronym and Abbrev tags
From: Jukka Korpela
Date: May 21, 2002 11:07PM
- Next message: Lisa Halabi: "RE: how to test for scripts"
- Previous message: Sam Buchanan: "Re: Acronym and Abbrev tags"
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
Cohen, Lisa A. wrote:
> In the HTML specification for the acronym and abbrev elements, it says:
> "When necessary, authors should use style sheets to specify the
> of an abbreviated form."
> Does anyone know how to do this?
This is a confusing (and confused) issue, which has been discussed in
various forums, but the bottom line is that you can't achieve much in this
respect at present. Technically, you can use a title="..." attribute, or use
CSS to suggest some features of aural presentation, but these won't help
much in practice. For some essential notes, see
TIEKE Tietoyhteiskunnan kehitt