WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: looking for a tutorial for beginners on making a computer more accessible to someone with low vision

for

Date: Aug 13, 2010 10:30AM

Léonie - this is great! Thank you very much.

Sandy

> "Can someone please point me at a good tutorial for beginners on making a computer more accessible to someone with low vision?"
>
> The Sky Accessibility website has information for people with different disabilities, including blind and partially sighted people. You can choose your OS, then the task you want to do, such as increase text size, changing colours or enlarging your mouse cursor.
> http://accessibility.sky.com/get-the-most-from-sky/skyonline/if-you-have-visual-impairment
>
>
> Regards,
> Léonie.
>
> --
> Nomensa - humanising technology
>
> Léonie Watson | Director of Accessibility
> t. +44 (0)117 929 7333
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: <EMAIL REMOVED> [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Sandy
> Sent: 13 August 2010 16:03
> To: WebAIM Discussion List
> Subject: [WebAIM] looking for a tutorial for beginners on making a computer more accessible to someone with low vision
>
> hello list,
>
> Can someone please point me at a good tutorial for beginners on making a computer more accessible to someone with low vision?
>
> I am hoping to find something that explains how to increase the computer's default font size, how to use custom style-sheets on web sites and anything else that this very knowledgeable crowd would consider useful.
>
> thanks!
> Sandy
>