E-mail List Archives
Date: Apr 18, 2011 1:51AM
- Next message: Jukka K. Korpela: "Re: ALT Text - CMS Problem"
- Previous message: Joshue O Connor: "Re: ALT Text - CMS Problem"
- Next message in Thread: Ryan E. Benson: "Re: UNLABELLED GRAPHICS/PHOTOS"
- Previous message in Thread: None
- View all messages in this Thread
I came across a website that does not label graphics/photos with alt text. They used empty quote marks like this:
The graphics were positioned using CSS.
With the above combination, I found that
1.. JAWS do not identify the graphics at all when navigating with arrow keys.
2.. Clicking on the graphic with a mouse and invoking the JAWS 'LABEL GRAPHIC function' produced message that said "the cursor is not positioned on a graphic."
In such an instance, other than asking the website to rectify codes in their webpage, how else can screenreader users get label for the graphics ?