WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Section 508 Testing/Section 508 Refresh

for

Date: Jun 6, 2011 10:30AM

Who did the notifying?

-----Original Message-----
From: <EMAIL REMOVED> [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of McDonald, Jennifer
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 9:20 AM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: [WebAIM] Section 508 Testing/Section 508 Refresh

The company that I work for has been notified that our website and web-based applications will be tested to determine "how well it complies with the standards of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended in 1998". We do work on behalf of the Department of Education. Has anyone been through this before? While we feel confident that we're indeed accessible, we're wondering which standards they'll use to test by.
I've been performing all of my analysis based on WCAG 2 - and I've been researching Section 508 Refresh. Do they use real people to test objectively? Or do they run it through a validator?

If anyone has had any experience with a government accessibility review I would love to hear about it.

Thanks,

Jennifer McDonald
Great Lakes Higher Education Corporation Ecommerce - Assistant Web Producer Web Design and User Experience

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy or delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender.
================================================================================