WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: how to best indicate facets to screenreader users?


From: Jared Smith
Date: Jan 25, 2012 10:00AM

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 9:51 AM, < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
> I can't imagine the most
> people know that they are called "facets" unless they work in web
> design, librarianship, or some other information-related field.

I obviously work in this field and I have no idea what you're talking
about. Do you have an example of facets?

I think the fact I (and I suppose most people) don't know what they
are indicates that labeling them "facets" probably isn't going to