E-mail List Archives
Re: Headings in dialogs.
From: David Ashleydale
Date: Aug 22, 2012 1:40PM
- Next message: Don Mauck: "Re: Headings in dialogs."
- Previous message: Ghita Jones: "Re: US Census Bureau figures"
- Next message in Thread: Don Mauck: "Re: Headings in dialogs."
- Previous message in Thread: Don Mauck: "Re: Headings in dialogs."
- View all messages in this Thread
Don, I think Ramya is saying that the heading is not actually on the page
until someone opens the dialog. So there are no H3s when the page loads,
but if someone opens the dialogue, then that causes an H3 to be placed in
the DOM of the page. But when someone closes the dialogue, the H3
Ramya, I don't think there's anything wrong with giving the dialogue an H
heading level and having it sometimes be on the page and sometimes not. If
it's the "title" of the piece of content that follows it, it should be
marked up as a heading. It's always nice to not skip levels and not
misorder the H levels, so do that if you can, but my reading of WCAG
indicates that if a piece of text truly meets the definition of a heading,
it's more important for it to be marked up with an H-something than not.