E-mail List Archives
From: Ken Petri
Date: Sep 25, 2012 10:03PM
- Next message: Jukka K. Korpela: "Re: Bold Italics"
- Previous message: Rick Hill: "Anchors"
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Rick Hill: "Anchors"
- View all messages in this Thread
Terry Thompson has a great post that covers this issue in detail:
Program Director, OSU Web Accessibility Center
On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 8:53 PM, Rick Hill < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
> We have opted to use id's in divs for many anchors for in-page links
> instead of an <a name=>
> Although the in page links work, some accessibility tools test this as bad
> for skip navs. I'm guessing because the anchor is not a focusable element
> (its a div not an <a> or an <h> or a <p>)?
> So is the id method OK? Should the id be applied to a focusable element?
> Or is the id in a div method OK?
> Rick Hill, Web CMS Administrator
> University Communications, UC Davis
> > > >