WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Word text boxes

for

Date: Nov 8, 2012 11:04AM

Thanks...

I'm writing a document to be distributed in-house and wanted to make sure my statement was accurate.

-----Original Message-----
From: <EMAIL REMOVED> [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Karlen Communications
Sent: November 8, 2012 1:01 PM
To: 'WebAIM Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Word text boxes

Yes, they are not in the document layer and in effect float over the document. Although JAWS does have a keyboard command to list objects, you have no association between the object and any "surrounding" text. You either read the document or the objects.

Cheers, Karen

-----Original Message-----
[mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Trafford, Logan
Sent: November-08-12 12:40 PM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: [WebAIM] Word text boxes

I was looking through the archives and the last posting I could find was 2008, so I’m looking for a more up-to-date response to this question.

Are text-boxes (in Word) still an issue with JAWS (and/or other screen readers)?

Logan

This e-mail originates from the City of Ottawa e-mail system. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than the intended recipient(s) is unauthorized.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me at the telephone number shown above or by return e-mail and delete this communication and any copy immediately. Thank you.

Le présent courriel a été expédié par le système de courriels de la Ville d'Ottawa. Toute distribution, utilisation ou reproduction du courriel ou des renseignements qui s'y trouvent par une personne autre que son destinataire prévu est interdite.
Si vous avez reçu le message par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser par téléphone (au numéro précité) ou par courriel, puis supprimer sans délai la version originale de la communication ainsi que toutes ses copies. Je vous remercie de votre collaboration.

This e-mail originates from the City of Ottawa e-mail system. Any
distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it
contains by other than the intended recipient(s) is unauthorized.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me at the
telephone number shown above or by return e-mail and delete
this communication and any copy immediately. Thank you.

Le présent courriel a été expédié par le système de courriels de
la Ville d'Ottawa. Toute distribution, utilisation ou
reproduction du courriel ou des renseignements qui s'y trouvent
par une personne autre que son destinataire prévu est interdite.
Si vous avez reçu le message par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser par
téléphone (au numéro précité) ou par courriel, puis supprimer
sans délai la version originale de la communication ainsi que
toutes ses copies. Je vous remercie de votre collaboration.