E-mail List Archives
Re: Skip to top label
From: Jared Smith
Date: Nov 29, 2012 8:31AM
- Next message: Jesse Hausler: "Re: HTML5 and iOS VoiceOver"
- Previous message: Barry Hill: "Skip to top label"
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Barry Hill: "Skip to top label"
- View all messages in this Thread
On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 12:57 AM, Barry Hill wrote:
> Is it becoming standard practice to have a skip to top link as a # symbol
> and, if so, is it accessible?
On these pages, the # links do not link to the top of the page, but
instead link to the current section within that page. These
"permalinks" allow you to capture the URL and anchor/hash to jump
directly to a particular page section. The URL you provided, for
example, jumps directly to a section part way down the page.
I've not seen this in use much or would consider it a "standard
practice", but it does provide useful functionality at the cost of
multiple, repetitive links on a page.