WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Digital Literacy and Blindness Research Study

for

Date: Feb 20, 2013 10:59AM

My name is Melissa Helquist, a PhD Candidate from the Department of English at Texas Tech University. I am recruiting participants for a dissertation study about how individuals with low vision or blindness read, write, listen to texts, and use the Internet.

Participants in this dissertation study will be asked to share their experiences in a voluntary one-hour interview by phone or in person. They may be invited to participate in additional interviews and observations. Participants should be 18 or older and either blind or low vision.

Participation in this study will be confidential. Before participating in the study, participants will receive detailed information about the study and information about protection for participants.

You can find out more information about the study by visiting myweb.ttu.edu/mhelquis

Please share this information with anyone who may be interested.

For anyone who is attending CSUN, I will be presenting related to this research: http://www.csun.edu/cod/conference/2013/sessions/index.php/public/presentations/view/83

Dr. Sean Zdenek (806-392-6696; sean.zdenek.ttu.edu) or Melissa Helquist (801-875-1281; <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >) can answer any questions you have about the study. You can also ask the IRB Coordinator of the Texas Tech University Institutional Review Board. Call (806) 742$B!>(B3905 or contact the Texas Tech University Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects, Office of the Vice President for Research, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, Texas 79409.

If you are interested in participating in this research study, please contact:

Melissa Helquist, PhD Candidate, <EMAIL REMOVED>

Dr. Sean Zdenek, Associate Professor, <EMAIL REMOVED>