WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

need some help re problem sites

for

Date: Apr 28, 2013 10:54PM

Hi List, I work in post-secondary education supporting students who are blind or vision impaired and am blind myself. I am constantly faced with needing to use external (and sometimes internal) sites that are very poorly designed re access. For example, publishers of textbooks etc. I am not a techy so can't provide that type of assistance or advice but what I am seeking is a good basic document or website that I can pass on to the devs of these sites to assist them in at least doing some tweaking to make their sites more user friendly to all. Is there such a beast? I want to be able to email them and include the link or document to get them started.
I would love some help here if you know of anything because it drives me nuts and seriously slows down my efficiency in my job crawling through these messes with a screen reader.
Thanks,
Jodie

Jodie Hoger
Teacher Consultant (Vision), Equity Services TAFE NSW - Illawarra Institute Building L1.14,  60 Bienda St, Bomaderry, NSW, 2541
VOIP 54865
P 02 4421 9865
M 0437 035 042
F 02 4421 9804 
<EMAIL REMOVED>
www.illawarra.tafensw.edu.au
Proverb
Give a person a fish and they will have food for a day. Teach a person to fish and they will have food for life.

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain
privileged information or confidential information or both. If you
are not the intended recipient please delete it and notify the sender.