WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: event registration sites

for

Date: Jul 11, 2014 6:34AM

I recently used Brown Paper Ticket for a Crab Feast my organization sponsored. I was impressed with its accessibility and usability. Although I had to call to get help with some of the items due to my not knowing the site, even their Help Desk Staff was very kind ,helpful, and full of information for me to navigate the site using JAWS. Also, other JAWS users purchased tickets via BPT. I consider myself an average user and if I can do it, there are others who surely can.

We plan to use it again in the Fall for a free event in October and want to register people. That will help use with planning in advance and give us a list of participants.

-----Original Message-----
From: <EMAIL REMOVED> [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Bourne, Sarah (ITD)
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2014 8:22 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: [WebAIM] event registration sites

I am looking into web-based event registration sites: sites like Eventbrite.com and meetup.com where you can post information about an event and allow people to register there. I've done some cursory testing and found the usual assortment of defects (incorrect use of headings is always common) but I'd love to hear about actual real-life use of these with screen readers, keyboard-only, text-to-speech, etc.

Have you been able to use Eventbrite or meetup (or another event site) to successfully sign-up for events? Have you ever created an event yourself? Were there any particular pain points that you recall? Your anecdotes are welcome!

Thank you!
sb
Sarah E. Bourne
Director of Assistive Technology
Information Technology Division
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
1 Ashburton Pl. rm 1601 Boston MA 02108
617-626-4502
<EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >
http://www.mass.gov/itd

This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.