WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Accessible layout table for Outlook email messages

for

Date: Mar 11, 2015 11:19AM

Hi Lisa,

before getting into any accessibility details - did you try to read such an email on a mobile phone?

Olaf

On 11 Mar 2015, at 17:07, "Caid, Lisa M." < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I hope you are having a good day. If I create an email message in Microsoft Outlook 2010 for Windows, using a simple 2 row, 1 column layout table, will it be accessible? Below is an example.
> [Image: department logo]
>
> Email content
>
>
> Will it be okay to add Heading and List styles, etc. to the email content inside the table?
> One reason to use the layout table is to format the email's page dimensions, 8.5 by 11 inches, uniformly. I haven't found a way to do that in Outlook, but I haven't searched Help yet. If I can reliably format page width in Outlook, like setting the page margins in Word, I would prefer to do this. Another reason to use the table is to add borders around the content for interest.
> My testing with JAWS version 13 and MS Outlook 2010 for Windows was successful. But I tend to ask the obvious for clarity.
> Thank you in advance for your help and patience.
> Sincerely,
>
> Lisa M. Caid
> Accessibility Coordinator
> Information Technology - Accessibility<http://www.wtamu.edu/about/web-accessibility.aspx>;
> West Texas A&M University
> <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >
> (806) 651-1241
> IT Service Center (806) 651-4357
>
> If you need email content or attachments in alternate formats for accessibility, please send your contact information and the specifics of your request to <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >.
>
> > >