WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: How to access comments and annotations in acrobat pro 12dc using Jaws?

for

Date: Aug 19, 2015 7:24AM

The most reliable method is to use the alt key to get to the menu bar open view then comment then annotations. This will open the comment control panel on the right side of the page and place focus at the top of the annotations list. Tabbing will take you through the controls. Once the panel is open you can move between the document and the open navigation panels using the F6 key. Inside of the comments panel you can navigate through the comments with the arrow key.

Inside of the document the annotations controls are on a separate layer from the rest of the document. You can usually get to them by using ins+cntrl+o to bring up a list of objects but I have had less reliable results using this method. When the document opens JAWS will say that the document contains annotations. You also need to make sure that the annotations are included in the tags when you prepare the document.

Mike Moore
Accessibility Coordinator
Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Civil Rights Office
(512) 438-3431 (Office)
(512) 574-0091 (Cell)

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Subhash Chhetri
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 3:45 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: [WebAIM] How to access comments and annotations in acrobat pro 12 dc using Jaws?

Does anyone know how to access comments and annotations in acrobat pro 12 dc using JAWS? I mean is there any specific command or ideal way for accessing the same?

So far I'm accessing this by cycling through windows pane by pressing f6 and thus by tabbing, but the result I found is very unpredictable. Sometimes I'm unable to find comment tool bar.

Anybody's help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Best Regards,
Subhash Chhetri