E-mail List Archives
Re: Multiple live regions
From: Birkir R. Gunnarsson
Date: Aug 31, 2015 4:20AM
- Next message: Sailesh Panchang: "Re: Multiple live regions"
- Previous message: firstname.lastname@example.org: "Multiple live regions"
- Next message in Thread: Sailesh Panchang: "Re: Multiple live regions"
- Previous message in Thread: email@example.com: "Multiple live regions"
- View all messages in this Thread
It is left up to the screen reader/browser how to handle this senario.
There is no order of precedence I believe. The ARIA User Agent
Implementation guide http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-implementation/
does not specifically
lay out the processing rules for this scenario.
I would be a little worried about a webpage that triggers multiple
live regions simultaneously. Would it be possible to change the design
to minimize that?
On 8/31/15, <EMAIL REMOVED> < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
> Hi, all,
> There seems to be a problem in several browser/screen reader combinations
> when several live regions exist on the same page and they are triggered at
> the same time. Wouldn't the expected behavior be to queue up the
> announcements - especially if set to polite?
> All comments welcome,
> Thanks in advance,
> Best regards,
> Stein Erik Skotkjerra
> > > > >
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.