WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Model for an accessible ticketing website

for

Date: Jan 20, 2016 9:00AM

Thanks, Sharon. Their guide is very comprehensive and detailed. I started checking out the site itself (doing a search for events in preparation of trying the purchase process) and was disappointed to find several basic violations of accessibility principles in the design and coding of the site. Perhaps they've recently updated and someone dropped the ball?

Teresa

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Sharron Rush
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 8:46 AM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Model for an accessible ticketing website

Hi Teresa,

The best work in this area that I am aware of has been done at the Kennedy Center. Their Director of Accessibility is Betty Seigal who has been quite proactive in developing best practices for ticketing. The Kennedy Center published a guide (including follow-up contact information) and it is posted as a PDF on their website:
https://www.kennedy-center.org/accessibility/TipSheet_AccessibleOnlineTicketingPrinciples.pdf

Additionally if you are able to attend their annual LEAD conference, the sessions provide very specific information for museums and performing arts organizations trying to improve their services to people with disabilities.

Best,
Sharron
--
Sharron Rush | Executive Director | Knowbility.org | @knowbility *Equal access to technology for people with disabilities*

----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2016 9:49 AM

Greetings, all. I'm searching for an example of an accessible online ticket
purchasing website - not just that they have tickets for accessible
seating, but that the purchase process is fully accessible. Does anyone
have a site that they would like to suggest as a model for best practices?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,
Teresa

Teresa Haven, Ph.D.
Accessibility Analyst, Northern Arizona University