WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

New Position and SANPRM

for

Date: Jun 14, 2016 1:49PM

Tim and Lori,
I too am in a new position and very frustrated with trying to figure out what I should learn, and what I should learn first. In fact, I have been a lurker on this list for several months because I feel like I don't even know enough to ask an intelligent question. For instance, I have just been tasked with deciphering DOJ's SANPRM. There are 123 questions to consider for public comments! I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Thanks for your helpful posts, Tim.

Carolyn Dorr
University of Northern Iowa

From: Tim Harshbarger < <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >>
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Deadline Tomorrow – Join Our New CPACC Certificates
Date: June 14, 2016 at 12:51:53 PM CDT
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >>, "Access Technology Higher Education Network ( <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >)" < <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >>, Alternate Media < <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >>

The IAAP certification is actually separate from the Deque courses.

If you want to learn about the IAAP certification, you will want to look at:
http://www.accessibilityassociation.org/ <http://www.accessibilityassociation.org/>;

The Deque courses are one way you might prepare for the certification. However, you can also just choose to sign-up for the Deque courses you find useful.

Actually, if you or others who are new to accessibility are interested, I would be willing to mentor a few people. I know this field is quite rewarding, but it can also seem overwhelming to people new to accessibility. However, our field is in desperate need of more experts and I definitely wish to do my part in helping new people develop their skills and knowledge.

Thanks,
Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >] On Behalf Of Gillen, Lori
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 8:06 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >>; Access Technology Higher Education Network ( <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >) < <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >>; Alternate Media < <EMAIL REMOVED> <mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> >>
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Deadline Tomorrow – Join Our New CPACC Certificates

Tim-

Thank you for posting this. I am in that very position of being new and frustrated trying to figure out what I need to learn and how to prioritize that.

When you go to Deque, do you just sign up for the online course and the test at the end, or do you need to take all the other online courses listed there too? Some are not applicable to my needs.

Thank you,

Lori Gillen
McKesson Corporation