WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Use of hyperlinks instead of buttons

for

Date: Jun 28, 2016 1:37PM

4.1.2 Name, Role, Value

They can assign a role of "button" to the anchor to bring this into compliance. ...and if they can't rewrite their code and css to change these to button elements.

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Bruno Girard
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 3:28 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: [WebAIM] Use of hyperlinks instead of buttons

Hello group,

I am auditing a site right now. I've been looking throught WCAG criterias, techniques and failure but I haven't found the answer to my question yet.

In the site, they have used hyperlinks were it should have been buttons.
For example, there is a print link that lauches the browser's print functionality.

Under which criteria does it fail WCAG?

Thanks
Bruno
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of work or services for Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.