WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: CODE EDITORS

for

Date: Jun 30, 2016 7:14AM

I personally do not know the answer to Shankar's question, but I thought Google might. I got a lot of partial matches to my query of "osx code editor that is compatible with jaws," with "jaws" being both one of the most important parts of the query and one of the most omitted from results. I did find this however: http://www.sas.com/en_us/home.html

I don't know anything about this editor, this Google query response was the first time I have heard of it. Here's a quote from their documentation:

"SAS Studio 3.1 has been tested against the accessibility standards for electronic information technology that were adopted by the U.S. Government under Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (2008 draft proposal initiative update). It was also tested against Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 levels A and AA, part of the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the Worldwide Web Consortium (W3C). For more information about the accessibility of this product, send e-mail to <EMAIL REMOVED> or call SAS Technical Support.
For best results, use JAWS with Firefox on Windows 7 and VoiceOver with Safari on OS X."

Just for a lark, I opened their home page in Chrome, opened the developer tools, and ran the aXe accessibility analyzer. aXe found 19 violations, 13 of which were "links must have discernable text". The rest were color contrast and video elements missing captions and audio descriptions. Physician, heal thyself!

Brian Lovely
Digital Accessibility Team
<EMAIL REMOVED>

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of shankar shan
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 10:09 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List
Subject: [WebAIM] CODE EDITORS

DEAR FRIENDS, GREETINGS.
AS FOR THE SUBJECT LINE SAYS, CAN SOME ONE SUGGEST THE BEST CODE EDITORS WITH JAWS?

I WAS USING NOTEPAD PLUS, BUT, IN THE MENU BAR, SOME OF THE HTML AND PHP CODES ARE NOT DISPLAYED HENCE, ALLWAYS I HAVE TO DEPENDS ON MANUAL CODING.

i WAS ASKED ONE OF MY SIGHTED FRIEND, HE SUGGESTED ME TO GO WITH SUBLIME TEXT EDITOR, BUT, THE SUBLIME IS NOT ACCESSIBLE WIT SCREEN READERS.

HOPE SOME EXPERTS WILL HELP ME.

--
jammed and internet hanged?Reach through the following means:
mobile: +91 9599194749
whats app: +91 7795927572
email: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Thanks and regards
Shankar
*****ACCESSIBILITY AND USABILITY TESTER AT HCL TECHNOLOGIES ***** The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of work or services for Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.