>
>
>
> From: Lovely, Brian (CONT)
> Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:56 AM
> To: 'WebAIM Discussion List'
> Subject: Dynamic Form Input Rules
>
> I would like someone who is a screen reader user to tell me what the ideal experience would be for this. Here is the current, less-than-ideal flow:
>
> When a form text input receives focus, the usual stuff is announced. So far, everything is fine. Once you start typing, though, a container appears below the input (after it in code order). The container holds a series of rules regarding the correct format for the input: At least a certain number of characters, no spaces, at least one numeral, there are four or five of these rules. Each rule is preceded by a graphic, either a red "X" or a green checkmark. Non-fulfilled rules have the "X", fulfilled rules the checkmark. When all rules are met the container disappears.
>
> I know this is problematic (for instance, the fulfilled/not-fulfilled state of each rule is not read out), but what would be the ideal way to communicate these kind of rules (for instance, for creating a user name or password)? Feel free to alter/remove the location of the container, the appearing/disappearing of the container, the graphic indicators, etc.
>
> <image001.png>
> Brian Lovely
> Digital Accessibility Team
> <EMAIL REMOVED>
>
>
>
> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of work or services for Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.