WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: required some clarifications about the focus items.

for

Date: Sep 21, 2016 10:44AM

First of all, I commend you for doing this, however, I would never test with Narrator. It is a very basic screen reader an cannot be reliable for major testing. I'd suggest that you go get NVDA if you are looking for a good free screen reader. It will have a lot more functionality and will probably treat your issue differently and more accurately.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 1:21 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: [WebAIM] required some clarifications about the focus items.

Hello all, greetings.
This is shankar from india.
Most of the time, many people was helped me for getting the clarifications about the accessibility.
Thanks for the support.
I am testing all the scenarios with narrator Screen reader.

Now, I came up with the new issue, hope some 1 will help me in this.

Actually, I am testing the backstage for the PowerPoint from the prospective of screen reader users.
In the backstage, if the file name is not given, the save button will be disabled and, the user cannot focus on the save button with the tab.
But, the user can navigate with caps and arrow keys to focus on the save button.

Here, my Argument is, the save button has to focusable with tab either enabled or disabled.

And, the next thing is, in the template list, if the user is in 5th item, and, if they press home key, as for my understanding, the focus has to come on to the 1st item of the list.
But, when I press home key, my focus is going on to the new tab.

Here my Argument is, the focus must go to the 1st item of the list.

I don't know whether I am right or wrong.

This was just my Argument.
If some 1 thinks that, my Argument is rite, can some 1 help me how to explain the developer things clearly?

I am testing the scenarios with narrator

::DISCLAIMER::
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates.
Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately.
Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------