E-mail List Archives
Re: Radio Buttons Not Functioning
From: Swift, Daniel P.
Date: Jan 30, 2017 8:42AM
- Next message: JP Jamous: "Re: Radio Buttons Not Functioning"
- Previous message: JP Jamous: "Radio Buttons Not Functioning"
- Next message in Thread: JP Jamous: "Re: Radio Buttons Not Functioning"
- Previous message in Thread: JP Jamous: "Radio Buttons Not Functioning"
- View all messages in this Thread
I don't think this is the answer that you are looking for --- why not just remove the divs and style the input/labels as appropriate?
All the best,
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of JP Jamous
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2017 10:36 AM
To: 'WebAIM Discussion List'
Subject: [WebAIM] Radio Buttons Not Functioning
I have various radio buttons that populate dynamically, which is not an issue. However, if I go into forms mode, JAWS is unable to toggle between the radio buttons using arrow keys.
1. Proper HTML semantic is being used.
2. Input fields have the same unique name.
3. No tabindex on any of the radio buttons, leaving the browser to
The only thing that popped up at me was separate div tags. Here is how the structure is in the DOM.
<input type="radio" id="radio1" name="offer" />
1 year plan
<input type="radio" id="radio2" name="offer" />
2 year plan
My assumption is that the div tags are causing JAWS not to be able to toggle between the radio buttons via arrow keys. Although the input fields have the same name attribute, the div is identifying to JAWS that this is a different block of HTML. Therefore, the arrow key script is failing.
What are your thoughts?