E-mail List Archives
Re: Transcript usage
From: L Snider
Date: Jul 25, 2017 5:09PM
- Next message: Birkir R. Gunnarsson: "Re: Transcript usage"
- Previous message: Maya Sellon: "Transcript usage"
- Next message in Thread: Birkir R. Gunnarsson: "Re: Transcript usage"
- Previous message in Thread: Maya Sellon: "Transcript usage"
- View all messages in this Thread
People who are Deaf-Blind usually rely on transcripts, so they are pretty
In terms of people who are blind using the video sound and transcripts, in
my experience people use one or the other, but usually prefer the
audio-depends on where they are and what they are doing. I would be curious
to know what others have found.
On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Maya Sellon < <EMAIL REMOVED> > wrote:
> Hi all,
> A question popped up in a project I'm working on that I answered with "it
> depends", but I wanted to ask you all as well: how do people (especially
> screen reader users) use video transcripts? Do they use them instead of the
> video? Or to somehow support the video after they've listened to it?
> I pointed out that it's not just low vision users who use transcripts and
> that I think it really depends on the task the user is carrying out, but
> would be very interested and grateful to hear from this group.
> Thanks in advance!
> iPhone. iTypos. iApologise.
> > > > >