WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: help with complex table

for

Date: Sep 29, 2017 7:38AM

I cannot reproduce your experience. In NVDA 2017.3 and FF 55, your column/row headers are reading as intended. Keep in mind that NVDA will only announce the column or row header once after you enter a new column or row using the table navigation shortcuts (Control + Alt + Arrow keys). The idea is that once I'm in a column, I won't need to hear the header more than once because I already know which column I am in.

If you still feel like it doesn't work to your liking, then try the separate table or the headers/id approach.

Nick Beranek
Capital One

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 6:09 PM
To: Beranek, Nicholas < <EMAIL REMOVED> >; WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: RE: [WebAIM] help with complex table

Could anyone test the latest rendition of my complex table using Jaws? I can't get it to announce according to my expectations when using NVDA with either IE, Firefox, or Chrome. This may be user error?
https://www.sbctc.edu/_testing/complex-table.html

AngelA French

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates and may only be used solely in performance of work or services for Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.