WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Working with PowerPoint 2010

for

Date: Oct 26, 2017 2:39AM

Thank you Jonathan. Considering my busy schedule, I decided to use visual assistance to get this info.

It is quite upsetting to see that JAWS is still not up to par with PowerPoint. Thank you for the help.

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Jonathan Avila
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 8:58 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < <EMAIL REMOVED> >
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Working with PowerPoint 2010

> Sorry if this is off topic folks, but I am having serious trouble working with PowerPoint 2010 using JAWS 18. Does someone know of the best layout to be in to read notes, peer modifications/comments, and edit the slides accordingly?

Personally I have had many issues with JAWS and PowerPoint notes (all versions) and with PowerPoint 2016 in general with JAWS. I often have to use NVDA with PowerPoint in order to access some of these features. In particular reading and editing notes in the notes pane is problematic. In slideview there is a keystroke that should speak them correctly -- but I often have to read and edit notes in the edit view.

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of JP Jamous
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 2:27 PM
To: 'WebAIM Discussion List'
Subject: [WebAIM] Working with PowerPoint 2010

Sorry if this is off topic folks, but I am having serious trouble working with PowerPoint 2010 using JAWS 18. Does someone know of the best layout to be in to read notes, peer modifications/comments, and edit the slides accordingly?

Thank you