WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Reports products from web application

for

Date: May 16, 2018 7:56AM

"One of the most important changes that the new standard makes is its application on all types of web content, not only HTML documents. More than ever, the new accessibility guidelines for web content make all web documents on the internet susceptible for evaluation in terms of accessibility. Adobe PDF files, Microsoft Power Point presentations and Microsoft Word documents, the most common formats for Internet documents, must comply with the four accessibility principles: perceivable, operable, understandable and robust."

- Quoted from a good article that addresses this in more detail: https://www.upf.edu/hipertextnet/en/numero-7/wcag-2-0.html

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Christine Holmes
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 4:25 PM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: [WebAIM] Reports products from web application

NTAC:3NS-20

Hello,

My web application can produce multiple reports depending on information chosen on the reports screen. These reports can be produced in PDF, XL, HTLM and other formats. To be have my web application accessible should the reports it produces be accessible also? If so how do I ensure that the reports are compliant?

Thanks for your help.

Christine Holmes,

This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.